Monday 29 April 2013

Natural DIY - Grow longer hair, deep conditioning treatment

Hi all,

Today's DIY is a natural alternative to a deep conditioning hair mask. This will make your hair feel super soft, look really shiny and it should increase your hair growth as well!

On another note, one of these ingredients is good at helping with headaches and migraines so I use this partly as a beauty treatment and partly for medicinal purposes!

Today you will need:
  • Either: 1. A clean bowl or 2. a hair dye applicator bottle (you can buy these cheap off eBay or in hair supply stores like Sally's) (see example)
  • Sweet Almond Oil or any other natural oil (grapeseed oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, etc)
  • Peppermint Essential Oil
  • Optional - A warm towel (heated in the tumble dryer or on the radiator)
Method:
  • Put 2-3 tablespoons of sweet almond oil (or any other natural oil) into your bowl or applicator.
  • Add 5-10 drops of peppermint essential oil.
  • Mix/shake.
  • Brush your hair thoroughly so there are no knots
  • Section your hair and apply the oil mix all over your scalp. Be sure to massage in well and don't forget the bottom/back of your head.
  • Use the remaining oil mix on the rest of your hair - I start at my ends and work my way round then up. I do it this way as the ends and scalp need the most conditioning and care, if I run out of mixture for the mid section it doesn't matter.
  • Brush your hair through once more to spread the oil throughout.
  • Put your hair up into a ponytail/bun (depending on length)
  • Optional - wrap the warm towel around your hair to help the oil heat up and soak in better.
  • Leave for at least one hour, I try to do this the night before and wash my hair in the morning.
  • When washing out I shampoo twice and condition once. As soon as you wet your hair you will notice how silky smooth your hair feels, when it dries you will see a difference, it should be lovely and shiny.
  • I do this once a week.
I like to use peppermint essential oil as it smells amazing and it will increase blood flow to the scalp, therefore encouraging hair growth. That coupled with a good scalp massage as you apply the oil mix will make your hair grow. The almond oil is rich in vitamins and will conditioner the hair extremely well. 

A small note: I am not offering medical advice, I am just passing on information about what works for me. Always patch test, as you would with any new product coming into contact with your skin. If pregnant seek advice from your GP before using any essential oils.

I hope you love this hair mask as much as I do. I have noticed a huge difference in my hair since I started using this about two months ago.

More natural DIY idea's will be coming soon so keep an eye out :-)

Rach xx

Check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RachelReviewsAndMuse
Follow me on twitter? Come say 'hi!' to @rachmarshall
Or check out my pictures on Intagram :-) AllNaturalAspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment