Friday 17 May 2013

Make your own Chia Drink! - DIY - Natural Energy Drink

Hi all,

Have you read my previous post? It's all about how good Chia Seeds are for you... Find out more here

My latest obsession is drinking my homemade Chia Energy Drink.

I'm an avid YouTube watcher (and poster). On there I've seen a trendy new type of drink (I think only available in the US) made by a company called Mama Chia. My drink is inspired by their range.
Here is the finished product:
I am new to chia so I am starting off on 1 teaspoon in my drink, twice a day. Adjust this recipe according to your tastes and requirements.
Take some chia seeds, a glass, a spoon:



I part fill my glass with water, add the seeds, stir then pop the glass in the fridge for a couple of hours or over night. (FYI - I put in about 1 part water to 5 parts juice)




After a couple of hours the seeds and water are 'jellified' (that is the official, scientific term don't you know) and ready for you to add your favourite juice.



The innocent juice range is yummy and on special offer in my local supermarket at the moment so I am using that.



When it is all finished you have a delicious and healthy drink that will give you an energy boost and keep you feeling full for AGES.

Hope you enjoy!
Rach xx

Check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RachelReviewsAndMuse
Follow me on twitter? Come say 'hi!' to @rachmarshall
Or check out my pictures on Instagram :-) AllNaturalAspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment